Responsible for augering incoming coal trucks; collecting coal samples or raw materials for laboratory analysis as well as on-site client interaction.
Laboratory Manager; Minerals Services
- Responsible for sample collection and preparation.
- Ensures sample containers are labeled with identifying data, location of sample, and time collected.
- Keeps the client aware of any and all problems with the mechanical sampling system
- Must be able to work any shift including weekends and holidays.
- 24 hour MSHA coal surface training completed.
- High School diploma or equivalen,(preferred).
- Aptitude for basic math concepts and report preparation.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) presenting information individually or in small group situations to internal or external customers.
- Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an equal opportunity employer.