Collect, prepare coal samples, and perform laboratory analysis.
Requires work outside in both summer and winter condutions and may require working on the river.
Laboratory Manager; Minerals Services
- Collect coal samples which will require lifting, sometimes up to 50 lbs.
- Proximate analysis of coal and other fossil fuels (including moisture, ash, volatile matter, calorific value, sulfur, etc.) using appropriate designed equipment.
- Performing routine quality control to insure quality of work.
- Records test results on standardized forms and writes test reports describing procedures used.
- Prepares graphs and charts.
- Calibrates laboratory instruments.
- Ensures laboratory area is cleaned and organized; and equipment is cleaned and sterilized.
- High school diploma or general education degree (preferred)
- Chemistry and math skills are a plus.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and other applications are a plus.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the department.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels both internal and external to the department.
- Ability to gather and review resources and select and synthesize data for reports and other written materials.
- Ability to work independently, often under pressured situations, within a team environment.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations.
- Excellent organization skills which includes the ability to execute several assignments simultaneously while dealing with a steady of seemingly conflicting requests/priorities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer