Posting Job Title:Supv, Construction
Requisition #: 145077BR
Posting Location: Somerset, KY, US
Area of Interest:Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The primary objective is to plan all construction projects, tracking all resources and materials to ensure that projects stay on track to meet all deadlines and standards, to include all accounting/financial related functions of the Construction Dept. Develop subordinates through leadership and training so as to provide an efficient and growing work environment. The ultimate goal is to grow our business by adding new customers and provide a service to existing customers on a scheduled timeline.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze data, making decisions and recommendations to complete projects within project timeline.
- Prepare reports as required
- Take innovative steps to fully utilize database reports.
- Tracking, updating and reporting of all projects via database.
- Monitor critical paths, resources and timing of start and completion dates to make decisions and recommendations on all projects.
- Provide direction and assistance to all department associates.
- Processing and approving Construction Invoices to ensure proper coding has been assigned, so all Audit points are met.
- Monitor spending on Construction Capital projects by Outlooking future months using spreadsheets.
- Requires a good knowledge of CATV construction practices and must know NESC and NEC codes that apply to plant construction.
- Requires excellent customer relation, analytical, and communication skills
- Requires good written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to direct, motivate, and apply good conflict resolution skills when necessary.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- This position requires a high degree of technical aptitude for computer applications and CATV /Broadband concepts.
- Computer skills ie; Microsoft Access and Excel.
- This position is responsible for tracking, monitoring, and outlooking all Capital Dollars associated with construction activities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Valid Driver's license is required
- At least 3 years construction practical experience.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities:
- Plans, staffs, coaches, evaluates and directs work of employees of a work unit.
FCC Unit_TWC: 11153
Controlling Establishment ID: 00259 - Richmond KY